Monday, February 9, 2009

The roaring calm. How I felt today

This is a blog about my mundate day and how it reminded me of some of the most sensational blissfull experiences of my life. These are a bunch of sensations and feelings I felt that all reflect a common and peacefull state of mind based upon the most amazing sight I saw today

Have you seen the sky today? Today was something that inspired me.
The roaring calm. The constant stillness. The chaotic slowness of how the rain moved. It was like the dull roar of a storm. It was not loud, but you can still hear it. The rain, it sounded like a soothing and constant mumble. People say that they change with the rain. Some are happier and some are more depressed. But from what I saw, life went on the way it has been rain or shine. The only thing that changed was the brisk walks or the clothes the people wear. I like the rain. Lets me have time to think. Time to just listen to my iPod and go. I dont talk to no one, I dont call no one. I just move. It is this automatic, non thinking motion of inner peace that I like. It is a non thinking state of mind. Where my legs just go on its own and Im just a passenger walking by. The rain as it falls seems like a nontangable mass. It was like a gaint infinite shower. I love that feeling. Getting into a shower and letting the water hit you. It massages you. Your shoulders, your legs, your feet. Your heat and your face. You get used to it. You bask in it. You become more relaxed. For me, all my thoughts go away and Im in inner peace. I dont think about nothing. Its just a state of being. A moment of just blankness and purity. And so this was what the rain reminded me of today.
The best part of it tho. Is the smell. I love the smell after the rain. The smell of freshness, the smell of pure water, the smell of all the dust, dirty, and guilt that was accumulated just was away, like the dirt from your body in the shower. I only wish our memories were somewhat like this. I wish our thoughts and feelings were like this. I wish there were a way we can forgive and make up as easy as rinsing yourself like the water over a dusty plant. I wish things can be renewed like the dry and cracked soil that was thus replenished today. I wish someone could see me renewed and refreshed instead of dirty, crusty, and sadden like back then. The rain brings life and brings something new. It goes out with the old and brings in the new. The rain washes out the ugly and dead and transforms them into something that is more beautiful and new. The washing that the rain did reminded me of a shower. I can help but feel peacefull. I looked up and have the water droplets drop on my face, each drop hitting my face was like a test of my reflexes and sensitivity. I felt alive. As the water ran down my face into my hair, it reminded me of the time I came up from the riptide when I was surfing. It was so nice.
The riptide was so turbulent and so forcefull, I couldnt move. All I did was go with the flow. Turn in endless cycles of current beneath the surface. I panicked at first, trying to use my arms and legs to swim out from it. But, I couldnt move, I accepted it. I didnt know how long I lasted underneath there, but I conserved my energy and just observed all of the bubbles and water around me. Then as sudden it engulfed me, it suddenly let me go. At the first sign of that, I had a burst of energy and jumped up to the surface like that shark catching that seal. I felt the air, the sun, the smell of the water all coming to me all at once. In my head, there was a sense overload. I was hit with so many things happening to me all at once. I saw first was the clouds over me. Looming there like it wasnt going anywhere. And then as I looked down I saw the foamy surface of the water and the rolling waves coming my way. When I looked at how the waves were formed, it made me aware of how something so suttle and so minute can roll and transform into something massive and forcefull. Like a charge. You begin with a brisk walk, then a light jog, then into a full sprint. Nothing can stop you, nothing can waver you. You are a kamikaze. You are the devine wind that swept into the enemy Mongul ships from entering Japan. This sensation of when I looked at the wave was something so powerful I just had to respect. The salt water splashing into my eyes and nose. The stinging of it and the feeling of pain brought me back to earth. And then the roar of the ocean before me was almost deafening. My arms and legs could barely move. My legs felt stronger and I made stronger kicks, my arms tightly griped my board and with each stroke I took, the more energized my arms became. This was the sensation of blissfullness that I never experienced. It was an exciting and adreneline indusing experience that I have ever had. That day, I truely felt alive.
And then as the rain stopped and the clouds parted, I saw something that reminded me of an act of God. The clouds parted in such a way and in such an angel that the sun passed through the middle of a ring of clouds. It was absolutely spectacular. The colors of the sun brushing the bottom of each cloud was phenonmenal. The bright cream orange color mixed in with a cream colored pink and red turned into violet and soft purple and then ultimately to blue and then gray. It was like a reversed rainbow. The color spectrum was so inspiring to me that today I found myself stopping what I was doing and just stared at the sky. I did this all the time when I was a little kid looking up at the sky after the rain. Iono why, just that picturesque sight is something so beautiful and so alluring to me that I can help myself by to take it all in.
Some writers from the ancient world said this was a sight of a great battle that was victorious, or of a great warrior getting killed. All throughout history there have been many ways to interpret this sight. All were different and all were aweinspiring, but all of the writers had the same sight in mind when they wrote it. To me, I dont think of great battles or warriors, I just look at it in a really aweinspired way. I love it. If I were to die, I would like to die at one of these sightings. Its something so beautiful and so seriene that I am at absolute bliss.
This blog has so many different aspects to it. I know. From the way the rain felt today, to my rememberence of surfing, to the state at which I would like to die in. These are all feelings that rush through me whenever I think of this feeling and this sight. It is so hard to describe how I felt, but with each aspect of which I observed I had the most amazing feeling in the world. And this was how it felt like to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment