Saturday, February 21, 2009

Lipgloss and Letdown

I dont really know how to describe how I feel right now.

Every good thing I have followed thus far has led to some failure and disappointment.

I try to open up and go for it and take chances, but the floor is falling beneath me.

I should just drop everything right now. I feel like letting the plate shatter on the ground.

And watching the shards fly off in their own separate directions.

This is why I went into skating to begin with. To drown out these feelings.

To cut off these letdowns. In the end, Im the only one thats hurting.

Im so used to it, my heart is at a state of numbness and no feeling. It feels pain, but thats it.

I try to wear a separate mask for people to see me at school. One that is shy and quiet.

But honestly, I try to hide my mistrust and calculating feelings I have in people.

All the good things that come into my life, I think of it only numbered.

How long will this good feelings last? 1-3 days? 1 week? 1 weekend?

It has become such a numb feeling now that I just feel myself living dreams. I think that it can be better but it has all ended in letdown.

Lipgloss and Letdown. by A Static Lullaby

No comments:

Post a Comment